One Take Super 8 Event

The One Take Super 8 Event (OTS8) began in 2000, with 20 filmmakers each shooting a single reel of Super 8 film, which then premiered to an audience without the filmmakers seeing their work beforehand. All the films were shown as shot. No cuts. No splices. The popularity of this non-competitive festival has allowed it to return each year with more filmmakers participating. To date over 1000 films have been created for over 50 One Take Super 8 Events across North America!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Zombies! Super 8! Claybank! oh my!


I'm always one for adventurous super 8 film shoots, but this had the makings of being one to remember.

Jen Gennutt has posted this request. I highly encourage anyone with an interest to take part.

Here's the link to zombie shoot info - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122178744226
on the off chance you can't open the link here's the blurb:

"The time has come for the One Take Super 8 film festival and once again, I've decided to try and kill myself with a massive project.
This years film? You guessed it! Zombies!
But not just any zombies. No, that would be too easy.
The basics are these:
We're shooting it like it's a family on vacation. Car breaks down in a deserted town. Family laughs about it until zombies show up and swarm the car. Just for added effect, we're shooting it like it was shot in the 1950/60s and out in farming country.
So we need a bunch of 1950s farmers/zombies.
I'm going to do my best to provide some costumes and accessories along with some make-up, but if you have some period appropriate clothes you don't mind zombifying, that would be awesome.
One other thing and this is the tricky part - We're set to shoot in Claybank, which is located just outside Avonlea Sk.
It's going to be a blast and I know everyone is going to have fun. If you're willing to make the trip and help me out, you'll have my undying gratitude and you'll have a part in a (short and totally non-profit) film you can brag to all your friends about.


*One more thing guys - Claybank is going to cost me $5 a head when we go to shoot. I'm not going to tell everyone to bring $5 because this is something I knew was going to cost money and I don't care but if you'd like to contribute, that would be fantastic."

It's also been decided that we'll be meeting here in the city and then driving out. I'm telling everyone and anyone that we'll be at the south east corner of the southland parking lot (across from the chapters parking lot) Sunday, Sept. 13th at noon. I have a bunch of costume pieces for people who need them but if people could show up in darker work pants/fitted jeans or skirts and dark shoes (not runners) that would be fantastic. (I'm really just trying to stick with that 50's farmer/factory worker look).
Also, one more thing, I'm still looking for my "father" for the film. I need someone who looks like Mr. Sears catalogue 1950/Leave it to Beaver dad. You know? The really archetypal pipe smoking, suit wearing, "Mad Men" kind of guy. If you know anyone who might fit the bill I'd be in your debt.
Thanks again for all your help. You're the best!
-Jen


Please respond to Jen's email latefines@yahoo.com if you are interested or require further details of any nature.

I can't wait to see this film. Fingers crossed the zombies don't eat it at the lab. We always enjoy a good zombie film. Last year showcased Zombie Milk Run (which unfortunately didn't fit the end of the tale on the 50 feet of film). There was also a gem from 2004 - a Shawn Fulton epic, which involved zombies, and a watermelon eating contest.

p.s. the photo comes from another in camera zombie film make in Austin

No comments: