Just like a bear I went into hibernation for the past 6 months.
But spring is upon us, and my phone is ringing, as Saskatoon is eager to take up the super 8 challenge once more! We'll be providing details in the next week. But the venue is booked. July 8th is the date, next week we'll be launching our call for submissions. So keep a keen eye open. We are going to have colour reversal film available which is exciting, as last year this time, it seemed like we were saying farewell to the format.
Also, in the meantime super 8 fans (from all our events) if you have your one reel film sitting around collecting dust on the internet, check out this contest.
Indi.com is hosting a contest with some prizes. The deadline is May 19, so don't delay!
From their site :
Together with Indi we are challenging you, the filmmaker, to create a short film on any subject on a single roll of Super 8mm film. The Judge's Pick prize will be a brand new Super 8 camera-the Rhonda Cam-a special camera inspired by Rhonda Vigeant, Head of Marketing at Pro 8mm. The Jury selecting the Judge's Pick will consist of Pro 8mm staff, the Founders of the Super Gr8 Film Festival and award-winning filmmakers Daniel Lir and Bayou Bennett who have shot Super 8 campaigns for and featuring Smashbox Cosmetics, Paris Hilton, Guess, Smart Girls Rock, Chase Bank and Anthony Mackie ("The Hurt Locker", "Gangster Squad"). So grab this opportunity to shine - there's nothing holding you back.
- Prize Details: 1st place vote winner receives $250, 2nd place vote winner $100, 3rd place vote winner $50. See contest rules for details.
- Guidelines: Please review the Director's Notes below along with our submission guidelines.
- Submission Ends: Mon, May 19, 2014 12:00 PM PST
- Voting Starts: Mon, May 19, 2014 12:00 PM PST
- Voting Ends: Mon, May 26, 2014 12:00 PM PST
- Submit a creative project or short film shot on a single roll of super 8 film.
- All edits and titles need to be done on camera.
- We would be honored if you would showcase your talent!